Welcome to Triton’s Records Office, where we offer information and resources for current and prospective students, faculty, staff and alumni. The Records Office provides a variety of student and faculty services:

  • Processes final grading for faculty
  • Processes requests for unofficial and official transcripts
  • Processes application for degrees and certificates
  • Verifies student enrollment and loan deferments
  • Evaluates transcripts from other institutions for credit toward Triton College

Duplicate Diploma Request Form

FERPA Release Form

You are allowed to add or change your academic program at any time, provided the new program does not require a separate application.

Changing your current program may affect your financial aid eligibility.

Academic Program Change Form

Chosen Name Request

Triton College recognizes that many of our students use a name other than their legal name. As long as the use of a chosen name is not discriminatory, derogatory, or used for attempted misrepresentation, we acknowledge that a chosen name should be used whenever possible. The college will permit students who wish to use their chosen name within the college’s student information systems to make a request using the Chosen Name Request Form. Changes can take up to 2 business days after they are approved.

Some records, such as official academic or employment records, including but not limited to Transcripts and Enrollment Verification, Financial Aid, Health, Tax, or Payroll documents require use of a legal name, will not change to chosen name.

To Top.


Please submit your official college transcript for purposes of transfer credit evaluation to the Records office (B220). Evaluations will be processed only if the student is currently enrolled in a program of study.

  1. Students who are seeking academic credit for courses completed at other institutions or through prior learning assessment must be currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program. Students must adhere to the Triton College residency requirements for graduation with a degree or certificate. To meet the residency requirements, students must complete at least 15 of the credit hours required to earn a degree or 50% of the credit hours required for a certificate at Triton College. Only those credits that are applicable to the student’s curriculum at Triton College will be accepted.
  2. Academic credit is generally accepted only from institutions that are accredited by one of the institutional accrediting associations approved by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation. All foreign/non-English transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES member. A complete list of NACES members can be found here.
  3. Prerequisites and/or developmental courses are not transferable. Prerequisite credit and course substitutions must be approved through the Department Chairperson and Dean.
  4. Students who change their program of study after the initial evaluation, will need to complete a petition to have their transcripts re-evaluated.

Please allow four weeks for evaluation of transfer credit. A completed evaluation sheet will be sent to the student via email.

To Top.



2023-2024 Graduation Deadlines

Graduation Requirements and Procedures

Academic Honors

To Top.

Joint Agreements and In-District Workers

Cooperative Instructional Programs/Joint Agreements

In-District Workers

For more information about these programs, please follow the links below:

Important Dates (2023-24 Academic Year)

For additional information about Joint Agreements and In-District Workers, please contact:
Tasha Coleman

To Top.

General Petition

Click here to Download General Petition Form - PDF Version

If you do not have access to a printer, scanner or fax, please use online form below

Click here for Online General Petition

If you would like to inquire about the status of your general petition please email

General Petition Request for Tuition Waiver Due to Hardship - ONLY
The college recognizes that students may extenuating circumstances that may hinder attendance. These circumstances may sometimes lead students to consider withdrawing from classes.

Students are encouraged to discuss the impact of withdrawing from courses with their advisor before making any registration adjustments. No tuition refund will be granted following the refund date. If extenuating circumstances exist (i.e., military activation, death of immediate family member, or a serious medical condition) a student may submit a General Petition Form with supporting documentation to A general petition submission does not automatically result in a refund or approval of the request. Petitions must be made no later than the following term in which the course occurred.

Supporting documentation must be submitted to for your request for consideration.

  • Have withdrawn from the course
  • Have not received a grade for the course
  • Extenuating circumstances include:
    • Serious injury or illness
    • Chronic illness
    • A medical issue of a family member in which you are the caretaker
    • A mental health condition
    • Military Service 

Please allow 8-10 business days for a response regarding the petition submission.

Assistance with tuition adjustments is based on the withdrawal dates from courses and extenuating circumstances. Tuition adjustment for extenuating circumstances is limited to student hospitalization, death of a family member, or military deployment.

Students must be prepared to submit documentation regarding displayed extenuating circumstances before the petition can be approved.

If there is no documentation received, then your petition is denied.

To Top.

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer is a program designed for students who attended Triton College and then transferred to a University without earning an associate degree. Credits successfully completed at another university may be transferrable back to Triton College. Triton College will evaluate your credits taken at the university to see if they will fulfill any and all remaining requirements for your associate degree.

The reverse transfer of credit is available to any student who is currently enrolled at a University and has earned:

  • At least 15 credits completed towards an associate degree at Triton College; and
  • A cumulative total of at least 60 credit hours of transferrable coursework, between Triton College and another university.

All candidates must:  

  1. Submit your official college transcript for transfer credit evaluation to the Records office (B-220).
  2. Contact the Records office or complete the Academic Program Change Form below to ensure you are active in the degree intended to graduate with.
    • Evaluations will be processed only if the student is currently enrolled in a program of study
  3. Complete an Application for Graduation via your MyTriton Portal

Students will be notified accordingly the completed evaluation sheet after transcripts have been submitted and if the student qualifies for an associate’s degree based on the total credits they have earned after the graduation application is submitted.

To Top.

Contact Information

Building B, Room 220

Fall/Spring Hours
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

Summer Hours
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Closed

Phone: 708-456-0300, Ext. 3213
Fax: 708-583-3147

To Top.

FERPA & Directory Information Policy #5717

Students will be annually informed of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 through the student handbook. Copies of the college's policy are available in the Office of Admission.

A directory of records for all students will be maintained by the college. There will be three categories of directory information.

  1. Name, address, telephone numbers, dates of attendance and class.
  2. Previous institutions attended, major fields of study, awards, honors and degree(s) conferred and associated dates.
  3. Past and present participation in officially recognized sports and activities; physical factors such as height and weight of athletes; and date and place of birth.

To withhold directory information from disclosure, students must notify the Admissions and Records Office in writing at the beginning of each semester. Failure to make such a written request will indicate approval to disclose directory information by the college for any purpose, at its discretion.

The Vice President of Student Affairs will review and approve all requests for student directory information. Directory information will be provided when the Vice President determines it is in the best interest of Triton College students.